Monday, January 14, 2008

Flippant

I still have not ventured out to the storage closet... This word is for my husband. Not because he is flippant, but because he gets great joy out of using it incorrectly.

flippant \flip-uhnt\, adjective
1. frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness; characterized by levity.
2. Marked by disrespectful levity or casualness; pert.

This is how he likes to use it: Stop being a flippant! This is how it is actually used: Her mother was shocked by her flippant reply.

1 comment:

AJ and Jessica said...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I saw a link to this blog on your family blog and I didn't realize you are the author until I saw your name. Marcus uses the word flippant as a noun?! ahahahahahahahahahaha! Maybe this is so funny to me because it is 10:30 pm and we all know I turn into a pumpkin this time of night.